- Not only your own killing blows advance the cooldown of Archon.
- You gain much more experience from farming in groups now (see patchnotes)
Archon Speed Farming Inferno (Updated Patch 1.0.8)
Wizard Farming Guide
By September 12, 2012
Last Updated: June 10, 2013
Contents of this Guide
What you get
- "perma" Archon
- 42 % more damage from skills
- 75 % more armor (-10 % if you use Glass Cannon)
- 65 % more restist all (-10 % if you use Glass Cannon)
What you need
- About 30% crit
- 15-20 Archane power per crit (to be able to spam Energy Twister and getting Archon up again)
- About 600 to all resistances
Dont forget you get 25% from Energy Armor and another 40% as long as Archon is up
- 24% Movement Speed
This helps a lot while trying to keep Archon up.
- About 40k dps (unbuffed)
- Lifeleech (or life on hit) on Weapon
- Ruby in your head slot for more experience
of course not mandatory but it helps a lot to speed up paragon leveling
Improved Archon for more damage. You can pick Pure Power for more Archon uptime or Teleport for more mobility. (not need if you have 24% movement speed on equip)
You can pick any rune you like. The chance to proc critical mass is the same for all runes since patch 1.0.5
The rune Blood Magic (Attacks recover 1.5% of damage caused as Life) can also be a good choice
If you lack of survivability this is your best choise. Another good choise would be Stormarmor - Scramble (25% movement speed for 3 sec after getting hit) Just play around a bit.
If your Archon runs out before it is ready again you can make it ready really quick by casting some energy twisters in a group of mobs. And you can "spam" Diamond Skin with enough Acanepower per crit. If you play MPs where you can keep Archon up all the time this is no longer needed.
Again more damage. Choose another defensive Skill if you lack of survivability.
And a little defense (if needed) Galvanizing Ward could be another solution. (Longer Armor uptime and some life per second)
Farming Spots Act 1
Farming Spots Act 2
Farming Spots Act 3
- The Keep Depths Level 1: 3 to 5 rather easy Elite Packs and loads of mobs to keep up Archon
- The Keep Depths Level 3: 3 to 5 sometimes a bit more difficult Elites and again enough mobs for Archon
For higher dps and/or survivability:
- The Core of Arreat: 2 to 3 elite packs that can be a bit harder than in the first two sections. This Area is rather small so it can be good to get nephalem Buffs more quickly
- The Tower of the Damned Level 1: same as The Core of Arreat
- The Keep Depths Level 2: its really easy to keep up Archon there
- Fields of Slaughter: The mobs are rather strong there so you'll need at least 55k dps (buffed) to kill the monsters fast enough
- Arreat Crater Level 2: You will need 24% movement speed to keep up Archon